6 Secrets You Didn’t Know About Zoom First Impressions
Happy New Year! Are you hoping you don’t have to hear as many of these phrases in 2021?
I think you are on mute…or I can’t hear you.
How about….these are unprecedented times, or anything referencing the new normal
or even this one….Is everyone able to see my screen?
Honestly, be proud of yourself for surviving 2020. Know that you developed some new skills.
I mean, just look how good we are getting on Zoom.
And speaking of Zoom, it has become one of my most frequently asked questions.
How can I make a great first impression on Zoom? It’s easier than you think.
At MWFIA, we recommend following these very doable steps.
- Look your best. Ladies, wear makeup and a little darker lipstick than normal.
- Ensure good lighting and audio. Test it if you are not sure and ask a friend or colleague for feedback. And yes, practice.
- Clean and unclutter your space, including a non-distracting background. Books are said to be a favorite.
- Look directly into the camera. Eye contact is important. The more you do it, the easier it will get.
- Be enthusiastic. Enthusiasm somehow gets lost sometimes on camera, so be sure to use a little extra than you would in person.
- Last but certainly not least, speaking of the camera, it’s not a mirror. 😊
I’d love to know if these are helpful tips for you… Share your favorite in a comment below!
Also, let me know what questions do you have about Virtual Etiquette – I’ll be sure to answer them in a future blog post